Saturday, April 26, 2014

Introduction

Greetings!

This humble blog is the property of one John Aguirre. Scadian, aspiring artisan, craft lover, and many other adjectives.

This blog will have two main purposes:
  1. To chronicle my journey through the fascinating art that is the crafting of woven bands
  2. To provide readers with a way to learn from my mistakes and hopefully have their lives made a bit easier if they decide to embark on the same journey.
Mostly I will be focusing on inkle and tablet weaving and the many methods and variations thereof.

This fascination of mine is due to my involvement with the Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA). I belong to the Shire of Sangre del Sol in the Kingdon of Trimaris (that's Broward County, FL for those not in the know!).

Hopefully this will be a nice way to chronicle my progress and also missteps throughout the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment